Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Some memories fetched from dusty, old corners....

One think i knew for sure, if i did not clean up my study table in the next 12 hours, i would get a heavy dose from my mother...
So i folded up my cuffs and got to work...as soon as i pulled a drawer open a ruinous sight greeted me...all kinds of greeting cards, scrap paper, certificates for competitions said hi to me...i frowned back at them..
I was busy sorting out some pictures of an old school picnic when i saw the red file..the red file where i used to pile up all my paintings...it's been almost 5yrs now that i have given up painting.so naturally, this was quite a discovery for me..the child inside me was washed with euphoria at the sight of those paintings...
As i can't think of anything to write at this moment, i'll post some of my favourite works here...
i don't remember when i drew this one. i found it pasted on a yellowed-page of an old diary...it might come across as a very average painting to any other person...but i fell in love with it at the very moment i laid eyes on it, all over again....
i remember drawing this one, probably the best of my lot....its almost 5yr old now...i had sent a copy of it to Telekids, and boy, wasn't i happy when they published it..!! i could feel it all coming back...in some respects, i guess, it best never to grow up :P
this one is dated: 11/5/2010!
yep, thats today...i decided to spend some classic time with my dry pastels...and this is the product of the intimate time we shared :P
ok ok i admit...the leaf does not look like a leaf..and birdie's feet are ugly...but what the heck! i enjoyed painting it ;)
and this is how my fingers looked when i finished with the painting business :D

It felt great to rediscover a part of me that even i had forgotten about :)
i just remembered that i have no time to get all emo about this, because that table of mine expects to be cleaned, promising death if not :P

8 comments:

  1. loved the eyes!!

    it is always great to pick up something we loved as kids..oh, and i can't paint to save my life **boohoo**

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and read my blog too. see if it is worth anything :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa u sure have got some talent there! bravo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ turbulentmind~ it is real fun revisiting those yesteryears :)
    oh yes yes...sure will :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ blunt edges: oh why sir, that is so kind of you...thank you! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I am making the comments place seem like a chat room, but I have to reply. thanks ridsi for following :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ turbulentmind~ do think I (of all people) would mind at the comment-page-turned-into-chat-room?? :P

    ReplyDelete